domingo, 23 de octubre de 2011

My first patient interview in Spanish


After 3 weeks of Spanish classes, I finally got my first opportunity to do my first patient interview in Spanish. It was part was our clinic project, which is visit houses around the neighborhood and provide medical advice as needed. We encountered a gentleman who had had a devastating hemorrhagic stroke a few months back. I was with Kate and nurse at the clinic and we sat and talked with him, his wife and his two sons. I was able to get most of the relevant history and perform a pretty thorough neuro exam on him (Dr. J would be proud). Kate and I then advised him the best that we could. It was obviously frustrating not getting all the facts and not being able to write prescriptions, but overall it was an encouraging experience. I hoped that we were able to answer some of the family’s questions that other doctors might not have had the patience to answer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario